Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Monday, February 8, 2010

Arizona Not

While watching the Super Bowl on Sunday, I got a call saying that one of the legs of our flight to Tucson had been cancelled.  So we had to stop watching the game, missing the onside kickoff, and get new flights.  No new arrangement could be made for Monday, so we settled for Tuesday.  With the schedule open for today we decided to bird locally.  In the morning we went to the Dismal Swamp where we had a nice assortment of woodpeckers but didn't run into the hoped-for Rusty Blackbird.  However, I did manage to see a Brown Creeper which was a catch-up bird for me since John saw one in Indiana that I missed.
We returned to the house so I could pack up.  John was already packed.  Once I was finished, we went back out to check out the bay.  At Ocean View we spotted a couple of Horned Grebes, a species that was a catch-up for John.  We finished off the day at Crackers, a tapas restaurant, where we had a great meal.  Off to bed early since our flight departs Norfolk at 6:00 am tomorrow.

1 comment: