Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Friday, July 2, 2010

Out of Michigan

For those of you hanging by a thread awaiting word of whether we got the Yeller Feller, the answer is again...no.  On top of that we were up really early the following morning so we could be on the road toward Detroit to catch our re-booked flights.  As such coffee was delayed as was any suggestion of a breakfast since nothing was open along the road at that hour of the morning.  After we crossed the Mackinac Bridge (shown here in a web photo at sunset), we stopped and got some food.  From there it was pretty much drive, drive, drive.  We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare, so John and I had lunch and watched a piece of the Brazil/Netherlands soccer match.  John's a big soccer fan, and he and the world cup are sweeping me up in the mania.  It's fun!  After lunch, John went on to his gate and I settled in my chair at mine.  Moments later I got a text message from Southwest telling me that my plane would be late, but that my connection to Norfolk in Baltimore was not threatened.  So I relaxed, made my flights, got home a little late, and had a nice evening with Joyce.  And the Cards shut out Milwaukee too!  Before I went to bed, I made arrangements with my friend Denny Abbott in New Hampshire to go with him next week to look for Bicknell's Thrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment