Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Saturday, July 3, 2010

Home in Norfolk

You have no idea how good it feels to get a really good night's sleep - one that you know ahead of time will be uninterrupted and as long as you please.  That sleep would, of course, be followed by a pot of fresh-brewed Starbucks coffee with my Cheerios, bananas, and blueberries.  Then doing the daily newspaper puzzles at the new patio table that Joyce bought to replace the last glass-topped table that crashed in a storm.  And the weather was cool and dry, and the birds were singing and carrying on.  I love it.  Since I was home and unexpectedly available, Joyce and I decided to celebrate my getting to 650 by inviting a few people over on the fourth of July.  So we planned a menu, made a few phone calls, and it was in motion.  We went to Cosco to get some supplies and while we were there I got both my pairs of glasses straightened.  You'll recall that I rolled over on one of them at St. Paul and the next day fell hard on my spare pair.  After the repair, they both fit a whole lot better.  Ran a few errands on the way home, and then watched in horror as the Cards played badly and lost badly even though Carpenter was pitching.  This game marked the half-way mark of the season with the Cards 1 1/2 games behind the Reds who are hitting the cover off the ball.  In the evening I did some prep work for the remaining trips this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment