Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Monday, July 5, 2010

Off to New Hampshire

In the afternoon I boarded a Southwest Airlines flight bound eventually for Manchester, New Hampshire, where I would be picked up by my long-time birding friend, Denny Abbott, for a try the following morning for Bicknell's Thrush.  My first leg went fine, but my second flight was late by an hour and a half.  I had called Denny to warn him about the tardiness so he wouldn't be sitting in Manchester waiting for the plane.  When I did get there, he was ready and we headed to North Conway where we eventually decided it was getting so late we should grab a McDonald's dinner.  In North Conway we got a motel whose person on the desk was a Canadian with an aunt in New Market, VA.  After a bit of baseball on TV (Cards didn't play), we went to sleep.  I looked forward to another good night's sleep since we didn't have to be up until 6:00am.

1 comment: