Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thanks and Nothing New


Thanks to all who wished me well after the car incident.  I too am glad there were no injuries to anyone.  Most of the day was spent making arrangements to have the car repaired.  That meant calls to the insurance company, car repair places, and a towing company.  The bashed Prius left our driveway this afternoon for its stint in the repair shop.  I have nothing but good things to say about the way USAA assisted me in the process.  After some errand running, I stopped by the Bay where Andrew Baldelli was scanning for birds along with a couple of out-of-town birders looking for the King Eider.  We didn't find it, so I ended the day with no new year birds.  I don't really call it being skunked.  The image included here is of a Peregrine Falcon on the gate to the Cobb Island facility of The Nature Conservancy on Virginia's Eastern Shore taken in the fog a couple of years ago.

2 comments:

  1. It is great that no one was injured, but what a drag!! Sorry Bob.
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - that female Peregrine we saw in the fog that day is still hunting the area - she also comes to check the pits over at Tower Hill and Marina Villages. She is incredibly approachable when perched - even on foot!! Nice to see the photo.

    ReplyDelete