Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Thursday, January 7, 2010

Skunked


It had to happen, sooner or later, that is having a day go by without a new bird species for the year.  And in the salt in wound category, Audrey Whitlock called to say she had just seen the Masked Duck in Melbourne FL on her way to their winter trailer park.  But I've got an excuse.  We all do, don't we?  I got together with some of my buddies (Tony Hage, Dick Palmer, and Charlie Bell) for lunch at Paneras.  Since I'll be away from here for several weeks, it seemed like a great thing to do.  And it was.  We had a nice leisurely (two hour) lunch.  I took my netbook and introduced them to this blog.  I expect them to be following all my posts from here on out.
Tomorrow I may stop and bird at a couple of places en route to Staunton.  I'm not planning on continuing this lack of new birds.  Stay tuned.  The next post will come on the road.  With my new Mifi from Verizon it may be that many of my posts will actually be posted "on the road."
Paul Sykes called to say he had driven to TX from Atlanta and had seen the Bare-throated Tiger-Heron.  I take that as a good sign.  I'm psyched.

1 comment:

  1. My grandpa goes on your blog every day. I, Daniel, have used this picture for my powerpoint at school WITHOUT even knowing you took it. Beuatiful picture. Thanks. I'll tell you what mark I got on it soon.

    This is my blog, I'm Terry and My husband Kent follows your blog faithfully daily. We've just blogged our time in Vancouver as busdrivers at the 2010 Olympics. Thanks for your great blog.

    ReplyDelete