Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Back Home

Most of yesterday was spent in moving me from the west coast back to Norfolk, VA.  There was no birding involved.  I'm still trying to get rid of this respiratory problem, so I rested as much as I could.  The nonstop flight from SFO to Dulles got off the ground an hour late requiring me to hustle a bit when we landed.  However, the flight attendants had asked all those with more than a half hour connect time to stay seated until the rest of us exited, and that worked out very well.  As I came forward from the back of the plane, I thanked all those who were still in their seats.  And my bag also made the connection, because it was there in Norfolk for me.  Yes!!
Today I have been preparing for a jaunt to Florida to try for the Cuban Pewee which still seems to be hanging around.  I'm also going to do a boat out into Florida Bay to see if I can find some Flamingos.  If my endurance lasts, I'll drive north to look for the few remaining countable Budgerigars.  So we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. There just ain't no stoppin' you! Go for it! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great-winged Petrel on Monterey Bay on Saturday - http://naturestoc.smugmug.com/Birds/birdrarities/11954342_ungKr#1013076042_67dmM

    ReplyDelete