Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Friday, October 15, 2010

No Scope and I Take a Bump

Today was spent entirely in airports and in the air.  I flew back to Norfolk from Manchester NH leaving Denny and Terry Abbott to keep things going until I returned later in the year.  There has been no word about my lost scope, so I am presuming it is not going to return.  I'll file an insurance claim and get some funds to use toward a replacement.  I also took a bump on the flight from Baltimore to Norfolk meaning I gave up my seat and gained a chit worth $457 toward a future Southwest flight.  I view that as scope money too.  Tomorrow Joyce and I will go to Pea Island NWR in NC to look for the White-cheeked Pintail.  Whether it will count as a yearbird is out of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment