Total ABA Species Recorded During 2010 - 731



Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Flying eiders and Map time

Yesterday during my final survey on Fisherman Island Calvin Brennan spotted a group of ten ducks he thought might be eiders.  They were in fact Common Eiders with eight of the group females.  One of the two males had a lot of white in the back and that's what drew Calvin's attention to the birds.  The photo shown here is a web image that invokes the spirit of the flyby flock.
In addition to telling you about the eiders, this is an attempt to put a Google map of where I am on my blog.  If it works out well, I'll add a new map each time I change my location substantially during the big year.  I'm trying first with a nearby location.  Let' see what it looks like.



View Larger Map

1 comment: